How to prevent nighttime heartburn during pregnancy
In addition to all the changes pregnancy brings, heartburn might be one of them — even if you have never experienced it before. What food causes heartburn during pregnancy Nearly 80% of people who suffer from heartburn suffer mainly at night, which means that it is highly likely that women who are pregnant will also have nighttime heartburn at some point during their pregnancy. How to get rid of heartburn during pregnancy naturally The Link Between Pregnancy and Heartburn
• Avoid late-night snacking. How to get rid of heartburn whilst pregnant Eating shortly before going to bed can increase your chances of experiencing heartburn because of increased stomach acid levels.
• Wait at least two to three hours after eating to go to bed. Heartburn in early pregnancy boy or girl Lying down with a full stomach can cause stomach contents to press harder against the lower esophageal sphincter, increasing the chances of refluxed food.
• Drink plenty of water, which helps with digestion. Is heartburn normal during early pregnancy Do not drink too much water at one time, however. Heartburn early pregnancy 4 weeks This just increases the stomach contents and can actually worsen heartburn symptoms. Heartburn relief during pregnancy over the counter It is better to drink smaller amounts throughout the day rather than large amounts less often.
Sometimes you may do all of the above and heartburn will still be a nuisance. Best heartburn relief during pregnancy Try to make the below lifestyle changes a habit to help manage its occurrence:
• Sleep with your head and shoulders elevated. Instant heartburn relief during pregnancy Lying flat allows stomach contents to press against the LES. Quick heartburn relief during pregnancy Also, having the head higher than the stomach allows gravity to keep stomach contents where they belong.
• Sleep on your left side. What causes reflux in pregnancy Studies have shown that this position aids digestion and helps with the removal of stomach acid. What causes severe heartburn during pregnancy Sleeping on the right side has been shown to worsen heartburn.
• Relax! Stress may lead to an increase in stomach acid production. What can cause heartburn in pregnancy It is also known to lead to behaviors that can trigger heartburn, such as overeating.
• Make sure to wait at least two hours after a meal before breaking a sweat. Do bananas cause heartburn during pregnancy Regular exercise can help with digestion. How to get rid of heartburn and indigestion during pregnancy Just remember exercising on a too-full stomach can trigger heartburn.
If you continue to have heartburn symptoms after trying all of these suggestions, talk to your doctor about taking an antacid (such as Tums, Maalox, Mylanta, Rolaids, or Gaviscon) or another medication that might be useful and safe in pregnancy. How to get rid of bad heartburn during pregnancy Antacids will work very quickly on heartburn you may be experiencing before you go to bed, but if you are taking an antacid more than once or twice a week, you should see your doctor about another treatment plan.
It’s especially important to discuss new medications with your doctor when pregnant in order to ensure the health of both you and your baby. How to get rid of heartburn while pregnant at home More Resources Related to Pregnancy Heartburn
“Heartburn, Hiatal Hernia, and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).” NIH Publication No. How to get rid of heartburn while pregnant without medicine 030882 June 2003. How to get rid of heartburn when pregnant without tums NIH Publication No. Home remedies for heartburn during pregnancy india 030882. Heartburn symptoms during early pregnancy National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC). Heartburn in early pregnancy treatment 13 Nov 2013